BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Monday, April 18, 2011

They’re Playing Basketball! (but not well)


I’m not going to get too heavy on the basketball coverage in the first round. There’s basically a hundred games going on in the next three weeks and it’s hard enough to keep up with the Lakers without trying to keep up with everything else.

Obviously the big story (and not just because I’m a Laker fan) is L.A. and San Antonio both losing Game 1.

The Lakers’ play in the playoff opener was about as disappointing as could possibly be but I can’t say I was surprised. Their energy level the last two weeks of the season was embarrassing. Right now Gasol and Bynum look like me at the walking track. My stride is about four paces slower than the squatty fat chicks power walking to earn their Blizzards but I keep at a jog just to make it look like I’m working at it. Not to mention Kobe protected the ball in Game 1 about as well as the four year old pair of Fruit of the Looms that I threw out yesterday.

As for the Spurs – I was largely absent from that one. Obviously I was overjoyed they lost but I stopped short of posting something snarky on Facebook because I was sure the karmic backlash would cost L.A. a win. A lot of good that deed did me.

Oh well, it’s a long playoff schedule. Best not think too heavily on these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment