BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Playboy Unveils Top Party Schools - And the Potheads Have It


Well, another year has passed and Playboy has once again told me that all that liver pounding drinking I did in college was for naught because my beloved Red Raiders have yet to crack Playboy’s Top 10 party schools. And to make things worse this year’s champ is none other than fighting Ralphies of the University of Colorado.

I can’t say that I’ve never had a good time in Boulder as I’ve tasted the nectar which are Buffalo Golds and partied at Robert Redford’s old stomping ground, The Sink, but I can’t imagine it’s the holy grail of college partying. And Playboy’s explanation isn’t much better:
“CU-Boulder is home to reefer madness. Not only does Boulder have 50 medical–marijuana dispensaries within its city limits, but every April nearly half the university’s 24,000-plus undergrads turn out for the annual 4/20 smoke-out on school grounds. Boulder is also a beer drinker’s paradise, with four breweries in town. "There are a lot of distractions from school—snowboarding, mountain biking, super hot girls,” says one alum. Literally dozens of world-class ski resorts are a drive away. You know Boulder is a party school because whenever you tell someone that you went there, the first thing they ask is, "Did you graduate?"

First of all, alcohol is widely accepted as part of every college party experience, but weed? Look I’m not going to claim pot virginity but making narcotics a part of the criteria might not be the right choice. I guess that’s just the fogey in me. Then you’ve got the micro brew point. Who the hell can afford to drink micro brews in college? I had to eat 99 cent cheeseburgers every day just to afford Milwaukee’s Best. And ski resorts? Here’s a thought – for every second I’m out snowboarding or mountain biking that’s one second I’m not drinking. Thus, I have to give this poll a vote of no confidence.

But the centerfold from Colorado is smoking hot even though she looks cold. I would probably change my vote for her. By the way don’t click the link if you don’t want to see naked chicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment