BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

These Shoes Have Spunk


Just as Nike is giving new life to college football’s elderly uniforms a new shoe company is giving life to footwear customers everywhere.

Gravity Defyer, a California shoe company, is defying not only gravity with its line of footwear it’s also defying any sane business advice the company may have received with its choice in logo. While Nike has the swoosh and Puma has the outstretched cat, Gravity Defyer has the sperm.

The company told the Business Insider that the logo is intended and that customers “feel like they are getting the beginning of a new life when they try our shoes.”

I admire Gravity Defyer for trying to try something new but who do they think is going to buy a pair of shoes with a sperm on the side of it? And it’s a shame because I wouldn’t mind trying the “proven Versoshock™ Trampoline Technology system” that is described as pain free on their website.

Heck, I may still take a chance on these goo shoes. They’d have me leg shaking in style. My only question is, can I wear my little swimmers in the pool?

1 comment: