BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Orange You Still Glad They’re Getting A Team?

Some recent complaints by San Diego State coach Rocky Long about Boise State’s famous smurf turf gave new life to the rumors that UTSA, which will start football in the fall, may be considering making their turf orange.



As a former resident of the Alamodome and volunteer at the Alamo Bowl I shudder to think the field might soon look like God spilled orange juice through a hole in the roof. While the photo above is only a novelty shot and Coach Larry Coker insists there will be no orange turf I’d still like a definitive decision on this.

If I have to stagger in hungover for four straight days this December and stare down at something this bright my head might explode.

I’d really hate it for the guy that paints the field for the Alamo Bowl too. It’s bad enough he has to paint logos on the field and paint the end zones. If he has to take a bucket of green to that thing every year he may go crazy.

2 comments:

  1. I hate that the new fad for shitty schools is to paint their turf something other than green. I'm okay with one team doing it but it's starting to get out of control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Northern Illinois red turf is especially exciting. Funny enough, when I first tried to type this I put "red turd." I then thought about not changing it.

    ReplyDelete