BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

There Ought to Be a Law Against This


When you’re unemployed, boring and slipping into the beginning stages of middle age one thing starts to have a greater impact on your life – television. With college ending and all my rowdy friends settling down I’ve pretty much reverted to the same TV intake that I had as a nerdy middle schooler.

But I do have to say that Hollywood writers give me a lot to wake up for every day with a long list of shows that I enjoy. That’s why reading this headline about the potential future of one my favorite TV starlets Mariska Hargitay left me quite upset.

It would appear that Hargitay, the daughter of Jane Mansfield (who had big breasts), is considering leaving Law & Order SVU to become a full-time mom. How selfish.



Mariska needs to realize she has millions of children who depend on her each Wednesday at 10/9 central to stop Stabler from throat punching each perp. I’ve been watching Benson and Stabler for 12 years. Does she really think she can bail on me now?

Well I hope Dick Wolf and NBC get on the ball and promise her the world to keep her put. I don’t think with NBC still running fourth among networks they can really afford to lose viewers with the loss of Benson and I’m pretty damn sure Paul Reiser isn’t going to make up the difference.


Plus if Hargitay bolts and the show ends Stabler may have to do this again. Who am I kidding? I’d love to see the return of Gene.

1 comment:

  1. SVU Mariska no I do not vejo.Ela is the reason for everything. But she will not leave.

    ReplyDelete