BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rehab Is For Quitters...and Boxers


Most people don’t send themselves to rehab. Of course most people don’t win 39 pro fights and 10 boxing titles.

Oscar De La Hoya checked himself into rehab last weekend after doing some intense soul searching.

From TMZ.com

After doing an honest evaluation of myself, I recognize that there are certain issues that I need to work on. Like everyone, I have my flaws, and I do not want to be one of those people that is afraid to admit and address those flaws.

"Throughout my career and my life, I have always met all challenges head-on, and this is no different. I am confident that with the support of my family and friends, I will become a stronger, healthier person.

"I ask for respect and privacy as my family and I go through this process."

Clearly, issuing a statement via TMZ is the best way to ensure respect for privacy.

It was fairly obvious De La Hoya may have had a substance abuse issue. Why else would one don fishnets and drag for a series of embarrassing photos that got leaked on the internet? Also, it’s kind of silly to ask for privacy when the whole world has seen bedroom photos of you dressed up like a woman.



Anywho, here’s hoping De La Hoya makes a speedy recovery and never shows his feminine side like that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment