BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bit*h Better Have My Salad!


People will try to trade some weird for a drug fix – old car stereos, clothes, sometimes even babies. But in Salt Lake the drug community is a little less edgy than elsewhere in the country. That leads to fiends trading some wholesome goods for their crack – like salad.

A 33-year-old Salt Lake City woman was arrested last week for offering an undercover cop $2 dollar and a takeout plate of Olive Garden salad for some cocaine.

She also assured the undercover cop that she was good for the remainder and would come back to pay him with some Olive Garden gift cards.

Don’t get me wrong. Olive Garden soup and salad is one of my favorite meals but if I was a drug dealer I think I would insist on getting paid in cash. If all I wanted to was free salad I could just be a server at the Olive Garden.

I’d honestly feel bad for this lady but the story doesn’t mention her including breadsticks with the meal and anyone who tries to bribe a drug dealer with Olive Garden and doesn’t bring breadsticks is asking for trouble.

In all likelihood the cop probably told her she had to toss his salad for some crack and this is what she came up with. You know people from Utah are naïve.

P.S. – I came up with a new theme song for the Salt Lake Olive Garden. “When the fiend hits the pipe to get an outrageous high, that’s amore.”

No comments:

Post a Comment