BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lost and Found (He's Lost His Mind)


Do the right thing.

It may just be the name of a movie to you and me but to Utah man Josh Ferrin it meant handing out more free cheddar than Hicory Farms.

Ferrin, who recently purchased a house from the family of recently deceased homeowner Arnold Bangerter, found $45,000 in a metal ammunition box and instead of keeping the money, he returned it to Bangerter’s kids.

From the Desert News:

"You can't make plans for money like this that's found in a situation like this," Josh Ferrin told the Deseret News, the Utah newspaper where he works as an artist, on Wednesday. "It just doesn't feel right to do anything but give it back."

I admire Mr. Ferrin for doing the right thing and normally I’d claim that I’d have done the same but I’m not so sure in this case. Bangerter’s kids would have never known this money existed. They wouldn’t have missed it. No harm, no foul, right?

I think Mr. Ferrin is too Promise Keepers and not enough finders keepers.

No comments:

Post a Comment