BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Florida drinking Gatorade or Haterade?


Tebow defends Meyer from Vols' Kiffin
Associated Press

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Tim Tebow has found all sorts of extra motivation at Florida.

Florida State and LSU defenders vowed to take him down. Georgia players rushed the field to celebrate an early touchdown. An Oklahoma cornerback said he would be the fourth-best quarterback in the Big 12.

Tebow brushed aside their comments, then did the same to them.

Think Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin has Tebow's attention?

"I don't like anyone talking about coach [Urban] Meyer," Tebow said Monday. "I try to not let it affect me, although I always have coach Meyer's back in anything because I know what type of person he is and I know what he believes in, I know what he stands for.

"But I don't think coach Meyer worried about it too much. I think we kind of dropped it or moved past it."

Not quite.

Guard James Wilson said Sunday that Kiffin's comments were the talk of the team, and offensive tackle Matt Patchan called Kiffin a "bozo" at the team's media day last month.

Tebow defended Meyer, too, although he was more politically correct.

"That's not going to add anything or detract anything from our rivalry, how intense the game is or how big of a game it will be for me," said Tebow, picked as the Southeastern Conference's offensive player of the week after accounting for five touchdowns against Troy.

Is it just me or is Florida being a little hyper-sensitive about this whole Lane Kiffin thing? As best I can remember last summer, Lane Kiffin said some pretty douchey comments about almost everyone in the SEC. I was in a Northern Mexico fog so I could be wrong. Odds are Florida is going to beat the Vols mercilessly Saturday. Personally, I'd rather give a wildcat a 30-second stroke with a handful of stickers than done the orange against the Gators this weekend. It might look something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment