BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Friday, September 18, 2009

College Football Picks


Not any real enticing betting lines this week, but I'll let you know what I think anyway.

Winners are bolded


California -14 at Minnesota
Cal has looked sharp all season and RB Jahvid Best may be the Heisman favorite at this point. Minnesota isn't a bad team, but with the roll that Cal is on I don't look for them to slow down.

Wyoming at Colorado -7
I know I've made a living ridiculing the Buffs and betting against them, but with talk about Coach Danny getting tossed after the year, the Buffs are going to have to respond. Here's betting they smack around a Wyoming team still reeling from a blowout from Texas.

USC -19 1/2 at Washington
Something tells me this could be USC's hiccup this season. Steve Sarkisian knows the Trojans well and we all know their due for a screw up. I'm not sold on this pick, but it could easily happen.

Michigan State at Notre Dame -10
I think the Spartans are a much improved team this season and flirted with putting them in my preseason Top 25. This game is all about how ND responds and in previous years their response to losing has been more losing. I like Michigan State.

Northwestern -3 at Syracuse
I swore that Northwestern would be my second favorite team this season, but I like Syracuse getting its first win of the season here. Greg Paulus hasn't looked bad in his first two games and the Wildcats are coming into the Carrier Dome. Could be time for an Orange win.

Florida State at BYU -8
The Seminoles have had to deal with a lot of criticism from the media, while Miami has been on Cloud 9. Meanwhile, BYU has been getting love from all sides. I'm thinking the Noles flip everything on its head and get back into the Top 25.

Texas Tech at Texas -18
The spread is just too big for me to touch this one. I know I said earlier this week that I thought Tech could keep it within 14. I'm not sure anymore. I'm taking Texas, but I'd stay away from it.

Nebraska at Virginia Tech -5 1/2
HOMER PICK! Here's a shocker. I'm taking Nebraska. I think Ndamakong Suh and the Blackshirts resurface and shut down V-Tech's freshman RB's making Tyrod Taylor one dimensional. Then the secondary responds well. It could be just by a field goal though. So I'd stay away from the bookmaker on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment