BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Brotherly Love Seat

Coworkers Discover They're Brothers
AOL News

Gary Nesbit was just the guy carrying the other end of the couch for deliveryman Randy Joubert. At least that was the case until the coworkers found out they were brothers.

Both adopted at birth, the men made the discovery decades later working side by side at the same furniture delivery company in Maine.



Nesbit has worked for the delivery company in Waldoboro for 7 years. Joubert joined the business in July, WCSH-TV reported.

Joubert had been researching his family history after a state law allowing adopted children to obtain their birth certificates became effective Jan. 1. Joubert learned that both of his parents had died, but in their obituaries he found his parents had another son, born on June 10, 1974, Villagesoup.com said.

Customers routinely told the 30-something deliverymen they looked like brothers.
In August, when a customer again mentioned their resemblance, it clicked for Joubert, according to the Bangor Daily News.

He started asking Nesbit some personal questions.

"As soon as he said his birthday I knew," Joubert told Villagesoup.com.
The two brothers, just a year apart, grew up in neighboring towns and attended rival schools. Finding each other nearly 35 years later was a shock to both men. "Phenomenal," Nesbit said.

But the chance discovery didn't end there. A teary-eyed woman showed up at the brother's workplace on Thursday clutching a birth certificate.
She is their half-sister.

"I'm really awestruck," Joanne Campbell, who was born to the same mother five and six years before the two men, told the Bangor Daily News. "After all of these years, here I am 41 and now I finally found my brothers."

They say everyone has a doppleganger out there somewhere. Some dude that looks exactly like them. I've already experienced this a few times. There was some guy at Tech that got confused for me all the time. People would call and ask me why I didn't say hi to them on campus and I knew it had to be my doppleganger because I never went to class. Apparently, this fellow either followed me to the Valley or I have another one down there because I've been getting similar stories since I left.

But now that I read this story I'm thinking my dad must have been a prolific sperm bank donor in the early 80s. Maybe several women were questing to berth a finely tuned athletic machine and now Texas is filled with a bunch of masters educated goons eating cereal in their brother's back yards. Scary thought. Glad these two doofuses found each other though. Super for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment