BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

On this day in...


On this day in...
1888 – Jack the Ripper kills his third and fourth victims, Elizabeth Stride and Catherine Eddowes.
1927 – Babe Ruth becomes the first baseball player to hit 60 home runs in a season.
1935 – The Hoover Dam, astride the border between the U.S. states of Arizona and Nevada, is dedicated.
1947 – The World Series, featuring the New York Yankees and the Brooklyn Dodgers, is televised for the first time.
1955 – Film icon James Dean dies in a road accident at age 24.
1962 – Mexican-American labor leader César Chávez founds the United Farm Workers.

Births
1935 – Johnny Mathis, American singer
1957 – Fran Drescher, American actress
1971 – Jenna Elfman, American actress
1982 – Lacey Chabert, American actress
1982 – Kieran Culkin, American actor
1983 – Adam "Pacman" Jones, American football player

Another fairly lackluster birthday date but I was psyched about Lacey Chabert. I havent had a celebrity crush since I dropped Hilary Duff, but Lacey Chabert is probably the closest I've gotten to adding one. Very hot in 'Mean Girls.' I know who wouldn't be my celebrity crush, Fran Drescher. I'd rather date Lorena Bobbitt.

No comments:

Post a Comment