BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Monday, May 18, 2009

There goes my hero


Driver who claimed he's his own country is sentenced
Associated Press

EASTON, Pa. — A man who previously claimed Pennsylvania courts have no jurisdiction over him because he's his own country has been sentenced to jail.

A Northampton County judge sentenced 44-year-old Scott Allan Witmer to three days to six months in jail Friday and fined him $2,500 for driving under the influence.

In March, Witmer appeared in court wearing a Coors Light sweatshirt and said Pennsylvania laws didn't apply to him because he is a "sovereign man." Later, he pleaded guilty to driving under the influence.

On Friday, Witmer acknowledged it was "definitely wrong" for him to drive on the night of his arrest.

Wow the justice system is 0-3 today. I posted the story of Mr. Witmer when this event took place and let me say he has earned a special place in my heart. I think his decision to wear a Coors Light sweatshirt to court brought us even closer together. If I ever win the lottery I'm going to buy his a houseboat and send him into international waters. Then he really will be his own country. Keep your chin up Whitmer.

1 comment:

  1. i need a miller lite sweatshirt to my court date.
    can anyone help?

    ReplyDelete