BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Aint no cure for the summertime blues...or alcoholism

Woman in Swimsuit Arrested After Chase
AOL

(May 19) -- A 50-mile, high-speed chase ended in Sacramento, Calif., Monday when a swimsuit-clad and barefoot driver surrendered to police.

The woman, Annette Hurd, was allegedly fleeing the scene of a hit-and-run accident in Rio Vista in her red GEO Tracker.



"I wasn't worried about me, I was worried about losing my dog," Hurd told CBS13 in Sacramento.

Hurd said she was a "little bit" intoxicated and tired after swimming all day and was worried that her small dog would be taken from her if she was arrested after the accident, CBS13 reported.

She led the police on a chase at speeds topping 100 mph. Police used spike strips to destroy Hurd's tires, but finally managed to stop her when they used a patrol car to hit her vehicle.

Haven't these cops ever spent a day drinking and relaxing in the pool? You know when you're in the water you can't feel the drunk quite as well so when you get out it hits you all at once. I swear one time Willie and I drank 48 beers in his pool and it hit me like a ton of bricks. So this woman was obviously not in her right mind. She should get some kind of temporary drunken insanity plea.

No comments:

Post a Comment