BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Monday, August 24, 2009

What'd I miss? Everything?


So I pretty much missed everything during the BYB hiatus. It might have been one of the most productive weeks in American society and I was stuck in a Valley induced haze. So let's quick attack some new issues...

1. Mike Vick - So the Eagles picked up Vick? I like the move. The Eagles can play around with a wildcat formation and toy around with putting Vick in some H-back sets. Plus he's a pretty good insurance policy with Kevin Kolb sidelined. And who knows, maybe he'll start up a moustache fighting league with Andy Reid.

2. Brett Favre - I think anyone could have seen this coming. Or anyone who wasn't crawled into a ball on their couch in Harlingen wondering how their life turned out this way. I think it's a bad example for the Vikings to set. Don't give a guy an ultimatum to show up by a certain time and then just throw it away. Either make an exception from the get-go for the guy or don't.

3. Health Care - I've never seen so many damn guns in my life as I've seen on CNN in the past week. I've never really understood gun nuts or anyone who exercises their rights simply because they can. At the end is there really a difference between a guy taking an AR-15 to a political rally and an unshaven dirilect yelling on a soapbox in Times Square. I would hope those who uphold the 2nd Amendment do so because there is a logical reason for citizens to have guns, which there is. Takind sed guns to a political rally is not one of those reasons.

There's probably lots of stuff I've missed but I can't remember it all. Remember I drink a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment