BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I hate Solomon Jackson Jr.


S.C. retiree is $260 million Powerball winner
Former state employee says he doesn't think the money will change him

COLUMBIA, S.C. - A retired South Carolina state employee who spent two bucks on the lottery was all smiles Tuesday as he claimed a $260 million Powerball jackpot. "For once in my life, I really experienced the old saying, pinch me to see if I'm still alive, or if this is real," Solomon Jackson Jr. said.

South Carolina Education Lottery officials say the Powerball jackpot is the largest ever won with a ticket bought in the state, which has the nation's fifth-highest unemployment rate. Powerball is played in 30 states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Jackson, a lifelong Columbia resident, shared few details about himself or his plans for the money. He did say he is married and has 10 siblings, though he would not say how many children he has or give his age.

He also did not say whether he will take his winnings in yearly payments over three decades or in a $129 million lump sum, which would work out to about $88 million after taxes.

He did reveal he had been an assistant supervisor for the state Revenue Department until taking early retirement in 2000 and using his free time to return to school to get a degree from Midlands Technical College.

"It is a beautiful day for education," Jackson said. "I said, 'Well, why can't I throw $2 at the lottery, to help education?' Come to find out, I did not need $2 to win, so I wasted a dollar. Thank God. Thank God. Thank God."

I hate this guy. Why does he get to win the lottery and I don't? Plus, he sounds like he's not even going to have any fun with the money. I'd buy a giraffe or pay Burt Young to play the role of Paulie 24 hours a day around me. You know, as a goof. I'd buy a new couch or fridge every time one got peed on or in at a party. At the least that guy needs to get rid of his high top fade and get a new hairstyle. He looks like he's going to a midnight screening of 'House Party 2.'

I really deserve to win too. I just gave away all my bedroom furniture to two Philipino families. They said I would be blessed for blessing others. I did my part. Now karma must recognize my good deeds and repay me. Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment