BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

BOO!

Jailer treated after deputy shoots him accidentally
Associated Press

BANDERA — Be careful who you say "Boo!" to.

A Bandera County jailer was shot in the thigh after he jumped out and roared at a deputy in a darkened room at Bandera County Sheriff's Department office.

Chief Deputy Don Berger says Deputy A.J. Griffin shot 22-year-old Daniel Spengler before dawn Sunday. Spengler was airlifted to Wilford Hall Medical Center in San Antonio for treatment.

Berger says the 36-year-old deputy "revert to his training" when the jailer jumped at him, shooting Spengler once, then giving him first aid.

Griffin is on paid leave until the Texas Rangers complete their investigation. Berger says Spengler's wound does not appear to be life-threatening, but he faces possible disciplinary action after he recovers.

I love this story, despite the fact that I am quite easily startled and it has been a continual problem for me over the years. One time McIntosh snuck into my house and snuck up behind me after I got out of the shower. I screamed for five minutes...even after I saw it was him. And Welch used to creep up behind me every day at Athletic Supply. I'm not sure what my phobia is about sneak attacks but its bad. How bad do you think the San Antonio EMTs laughed at these poor bastards at Bandera?

P.S. - I looked up clips of people getting scared and Ellen is all I found. Live with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment