BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

They're Playing Football!


A pretty run of the mill slate of games this week, which makes it a great time for me to escape for a road trip to Lubbock! Its going to be hard rooting for Tech a week after they pulled my heart out and ate it in front of me, but they're playing the Aggies. And I hate me some Aggies.

#3 Texas at Missouri
The Tigers have looked hapless defensively in their last 5 quarters of football, but the Longhorn offense has yet to inspire much adulation thus far this season. Is this the week the Horns finally explode offensively. They should. I'd throw it to that freshman WR on the edge and just let him run. I think Texas gets it done this week.

#25 Oklahoma at Kansas
OU is hurting offensively at the moment but so is Kansas' defense. It seems like every team in the Big 12 has some major malfunction on one side of the field. Except for Tech but things can change in an instant. Just ask A&M. I think this game will be a close one. Honestly, I could see the Jayhawks eeking out a close win. It will all depend on Landry Jones looking competent at QB.

#11 Penn State at Michigan
I think this game is going to be really exciting. Michigan hadn't won or lost a game by more than a touchdown until last week's big win against Deleware State. Who? Penn State seems to be back on track after the loss to Iowa. I can see this game being a pretty good shootout.

Tennessee at #1 Alabama
I'm not sure if the Crimson Tide feel slighted by not being the BCS #1 but I know they've been beating up lesser opponents and Tennessee is an inferior opponent. The Crimson Tide roll big again in this one.

#8 TCU at #17 BYU
Who would have thought a Mountain West game would be the game of the week? TCU looked dominating against a Colorado State squad that gave BYU all it could handle earlier this season. I know the respective score theory rarely holds up but I'll take the Horned Frogs to win here by a TD anyway.

#9 Iowa at Michigan State
The Hawkeyes can see probably see the big picture. A win this week and easy wins against Northwestern and Indiana would have Iowa at 10-0 before playing Ohio State. That's exactly why Michigan State wins this week.

Texas A&M at #22 Texas Tech
Tech has to be on Cloud Nine after a big win on the road against Nebraska while A&M couldn't be feeling worse after a 62-14 pasting by Kansas State. Expect those trends to continue next week as Tech will once again taking out the spanking stick on A&M. Big win.

No comments:

Post a Comment