BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

College Football Road Trip


I'm eschewing the usual College Football Wrap Up section of the Blog today because I only watched one game last week (Nebraska). Thus, I have no frame of reference on the games and my commentary would simply be useless. Instead I am going to use this space to unveil the plans for this weekend, my first ever Live Blog and the ultimate College Football Road Trip!

Things will begin Friday morning as the Clark Family Band travels to lovely Waco, Texas. After a lovely night of Big O's at George's Bar and conversing with fellow backsliding Baptists, I will be waking up and watching the 11:30 a.m. Nebraska vs. Baylor game at Floyd Casey Stadium. I'm hoping the Nebraska offense comes back to life, but if not I can just fixate on the live bear mascot like I did the last time NU played in Waco.

After what should be a disappointing game I will be making the trek South to my former stomping grounds in San Antonio and the Alamodome where the Notre Dame Fightin' Irish square off against Washington State.

Some would ask, if you were planning on going to two college games in one day, why not pick two good games? To that I say, I got free tickets to the Notre Dame game so it was kind of a no brainer.

I'm going to try and keep the iPhone updates rolling on the BYB Facebook so continue to check the Saturday and chart my progress. Wish me luck minions.

No comments:

Post a Comment