BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Friday, October 23, 2009

College Football Picks


There's not many bets that I'm in love with this week. I haven't lost any money the last two weeks since I haven't bet. If I would have bet my picks last week I'd be singing and washing dishes for my beer this weekend in Lubbock.

Since there are very few "big" games this week I've just got a few picks. If you'd like any other betting advice just put the game and the line in the Comments section and I'll tell ya what I think.

Winners are bolded

Georgia Tech -4 at Virginia
The Cavs have fooled me a time or two this season but I still think they're just awful. After another strong rushing performance last week I'll take GT to win here and give up the four points.

Clemson at Miami -6 1/2
I like the Hurricanes at home here. Clemson has been up and down all season and horrendous on the road with a loss to lowly Maryland. I'll take Miami and give up 6 1/2 at Land Shark Stadium. By the way, is that named after the beer? Get back to me on that.

A&M at Tech -21
I know one shouldn't get so wrapped up in one game but after what K State was able to do to A&M I don't know how anyone could possibly pick A&M in this game. I think I'd give the Aggies 31 points in this one. Tech rolls big.

Oregon -7 at Washington
Oregon has looked strong since the Boise loss. Washington has been strong at home this season with the only home loss coming to LSU. But something tells me Oregon isn't about to slow down this week. I think the Ducks get a 10 point win in this one.

TCU -2 1/2 at BYU
BYU has put up some decent numbers since the loss to Florida State but I like the Horned Frogs by at least a touchdown in this one. I think TCU finally hit another gear against Colorado State last week. The home field will keep it from being a blowout but I think TCU looks convincing in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment