BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Friday, October 30, 2009

College Football Road Trip Live Blog


Sunday, Nov. 1
8:18 a.m. - headed back to the O-Town. Had a lot of fun yesterday but it was exhausting. For the first time in my life I used the time change for an extra hour of sleep instead of an extra hour of partying. I'm getting too old for this.

Saturday, Oct. 31
Notre Dame game - Didn't have wireless in the Dome so that killed the live blog. There were some average concessions, a long wait for Bud Light (yuck) and some high prices. But it was all worth it to be back in the SA. Saw all my old pals. I will say ND fans act like shiftless hobos. Saw a drunk Irish fan in a hard hat almost fight an old UT fan. All in all a great day of college ball.

Husker Game high and low - high: Cody Green's TD pass. low: realizing Larry the Cable Guy is the face of the program. Larry (wearing camo shorts and cutoff sweatshirt) got a pregame hug from Carl Pelini. But at least the Blackshirts got er done!

3:01 p.m. - the Huskers held on. Ugly win but I'll take it. It was Crick-or-Treat all day as Jared Crick had 3 sacks, then he got decleated. Racing Southbound 35 headed for SA to see about the Irish and a cold beer.

1:59 p.m. - 20-10 at end of 3rd. Cody's pick was a bummer but you're going to have those with a freshman QB. At least I've gotten to sit down for most of the game.

1:10 p.m. - Halftime. Baylor has some delicious concession food. Had a brat and a Fuddrucker's burger. Baylor also has a piss poor replacement for Robert Griffin. Go Blackshirts! NU up 20-0.

12:03 p.m. - the Cody Green era begins with a field goal. Not too shabby. Some nice acrambling too.

11:25 a.m. - at Floyd Casey. Just heard the fight songs. There are litterally more Husker fans here than Baylor fans. Check my facebook photos. Also, the Baylor Line intro should be called "the running of the virgins" So sad.

9:31 a.m. - Just got out of the shower and about to head the Floyd Casey Stadium. No hangover but I did have beer mouth. Muench called and said he saw the refs buying beer outside Waco. Hell yeah!

10:41 p.m. - Watching the Laker game at the hotel bar. I think its getting close to my bedtime. Big day tomorrow. Two college football games.

8:27 p.m. - Just finished dinner at George's. The Big O's and the Crybaby burger were delicious. I think the sweety pale waitress had her eye on me but I've got a date with the hotel bar and talkin some Husker football.

6:25 p.m.- at the hotel bar drinking beer with some die hard Huskers. They're watching Big Red volleyball, I'm getting drunk. About to head to George's for some Big O's and fried pickles. Go Big Red!

No comments:

Post a Comment