BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Friday, October 30, 2009

College Football Picks


I'm not seeing a whole lot I like this week and given my performance in the past few weeks I probably shouldn't wager at all. It's getting pretty bad in the BYB bank account. But here are my picks for Halloween anyway. If you bet them expect a trick and no treat.

The winners are bolded.

Rutgers at UCONN -7 1/2
I knew UCONN would keep the game close against West Virginia last week and I think they'll play great again this week. Emotions will be high as the Huskies play their first game in Stoors since the muder of one of their receivers. I like UCONN in this one.

Iowa State at Texas A&M -7
Iowa State didn't do much against Nebraska last week (aside from force turnovers) but A&M is an up and down yo-yo of a team this season. They start well and fall apart against Arkansas. They play lights out against Okie State and get trounced by Kansas State. They beat Tech big and...lose to Iowa State at home. I like the Cyclones and the points here.

Nebraska -13 at Baylor
I'm not trying to sell my own team down the river here but how the hell is Nebraska getting 13 points on the road right now? I'm not sure if the Husker offense can even score 13 points. I know its Baylor but I like the Bears anyway. Nebraska wins but I think we're talking 7-10 points.

Kansas at Tech -7
Much like A&M, Tech seems to be an up and down team this year. Things couldn't have seemed more optimistic going into last Saturday's game and things couldn't seem more dismal now. I expect Tech to bounce back well against Kansas.

Georgia at Florida -15
The Bulldogs have made Tebow very angry in the past. They won't like him when he's angry. The Gators roll in this one.

USC -3 1/2 at Oregon
I threw this game on here because its one of the few big games of the week. I think USC wins but I also think its going to be very close. I should probably just stay away from this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment