BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Rub a dub dub...I'm stuck in the tub


Woman Survives 3 Days in Bathtub
AOL News

(June 8) -- A 90-year-old woman spent three days trapped in her bathtub after becoming too weak to pull herself out, the San Jose Mercury News reported Thursday.
Shirley Madsen, of Walnut Creek, Calif., survived her ordeal by drinking water from a rubber duck with a hole in the bottom.

When Madsen got into the tub on May 27, she forgot to put her phone within reach and could not call for help when she got trapped.

Madsen survived for three days stuck in the bathtub by continually replacing the cooling bath water with fresh water from the tap to stay warm. She also used one of her collection of rubber ducks as a drinking cup to keep hydrated during her confinement.

"I have never been so terrified in my life," Madsen later told the Mercury News.
After three days with no word from their mother, Madsen's two daughters grew concerned. Daughter Diane Weber went to Madsen's home where she found her mother trapped in the bathroom and summoned an ambulance.

You know how bad those three days must have sucked? I get pissed when I'm stuck in the drive-thru lane at the bank too long. Imagine three days sitting in a bath tub when death is looming. That's why I don't want to get old. When I hit 40 I'm going to get frozen like Walt Disney and don't break me out until there are robots to help get me out of the bathtub.

No comments:

Post a Comment