BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Is Continental trying to reenact Home Alone 2?


'Miscommunication' puts two girls on wrong flights
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

HOUSTON — Continental Airlines says it has taken steps to ensure that proper procedures are followed after two unaccompanied girls were placed on wrong Continental Express flights over the weekend.

An eight-year-old College Station girl erroneously ended up in Fayetteville, Ark., and a 10-year-old Massachusetts girl was mistakenly sent to Newark, N.J., after boarding planes operated by ExpressJet, which is under contract with Continental.

Houston-based Continental said in a statement Tuesday that the mixup was a “miscommunication among staff.”

“I have never seen so much incompetence in all my life,” Wendy Babineaux told the Houston Chronicle. Her daughter was headed to Charlotte, N.C., on Saturday to see her father. She was sent to Fayetteville, back to Houston and then to Charlotte.

Continental is the only airport that flies out of the tiny Brownsville/South Padre airport and they just unveiled a new direct flight to Dallas. I was thinking about booking one but I better just fly out of Harlingen on Southwest. I don't want to end up in Arkansas. Although, the last time I fly Continental the gay flight attendent remembered my name and got me an extra beer after the cut-off time. I don't think he was tryig to jump me but it would have been good for my self esteem if he was.

No comments:

Post a Comment