BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Friday, June 5, 2009

Nice shoes. Wanna fight?


Ill. dad, daughter arrested after fight over shoes
AP

GRANITE CITY, Ill. -Authorities said an argument over a pair of shoes led to criminal charges against a southwestern Illinois woman and her dad. Prosecutors charged the 24-year-old woman with criminal property damage, while her 47-year-old dad was accused of aggravated battery.

Madison County Sheriff's Capt. Brad Wells said the daughter invited three people from a bar to her home early Monday, and an argument erupted over a pair of shoes.

Wells said the father intervened, clubbing one of the guests over the head with a flashlight. Outside, the woman allegedly broke a window on one guest's vehicle.

The father told The Associated Press that the guests refused his request to leave and that he hit one visitor only after he was punched.

Look, I've gone to some pretty weird after parties at people's cribs. One time I went to some apartment after Bash's and a gecko crawled on me. I've even seen a couple brawls at such an event. But seeing a brawl break out over a pair of shoes end in a flashlight to the skull has not been part of my experience yet. Guess I just haven't lived. I better start hitting the bars down here and mixing it up with some randoms.

1 comment:

  1. As sad as it is, I was raised in Madison County, IL. Granite City is about 15 minutes from the house I grew up in, and let me tell you, this is by far the least idiotic story to come from Granite in quite a while.

    ReplyDelete