BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

My tribute to MJ. RIP.


Anyone who knows me knows I have been a longtime fan of Michael Jackson. He is my favorite performer of all-time. I may have songs I like more than his but I can easily get into anything he made up until the late 90s and thats more than two decades of great work.

Aside from what did or did not go on in Neverland Ranch and his excessive eccentricity his life was lived on a roller coaster (figuratively and sometimes literally). For a poor black boy from Steel Country to child star to the famous person in the world to androgynous enigma who was a lightning bolt for criticism. Ultimately we have to take him for what he was - an odd, maladjusted product of an odd, maladjusted environment who also made some of the best music of all time.

As we speak I'm DVRing the Jackson miniseries on TV Land. So I'll probably have a couple of Bulldogs and watch that since I didn't properly mourn this weekend. But now I have this Billy Mays guy to mourn too so I guess I'll grow out my beard too!

RIP to the only guy I ever called MJ. Screw Michael Jordan.

P.S. - PYT - my favorite MJ song.


No comments:

Post a Comment