BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What A Girl Wants (Is To Not Work)


Amanda Bynes Retires From Acting At 24
Radaronline.com

Amanda Bynes is taking herself out of show business, announcing via Twitter that she has quit acting.

"Being an actress isn't as fun as it may seem," Bynes wrote on June 19. "If I don't love something anymore, I stop doing it. I don't love acting anymore, so I've stopped doing it."

The twenty-four year old has been in entertainment for half of her life, landing the Nickelodeon show “All That” when she was ten.

After getting her own show “The Amanda Show,” she starred in a string of films including Hairspray, She’s The Man, and What A Girl Wants. Her last film will be the comedy Easy A starring Emma Stone.

She followed up her news with a note to her dad: “I know 24 is a young age to retire but you heard it here first I've retired... I wanna thank my dad for his words of wisdom!!!! ‘the truth will set you free’ one of his phrases I will never forget!!!!”

I certainly have no problem with the lovely Amanada Bynes finding something else to do with her life (if she's looking for suggestions she could always come be the Queen of the BYB and live in my parents' back yard) but I wish she wouldn't refer to her decision as "retiring." I think its kind of insulting to the poor bastards like us who won't have that option for the next four or five decades. You know, those of us who dig ditches or feed drunks instead of prancing around in skimpy clothing on a Hollywood set. Once again, it sucks to be us.

No comments:

Post a Comment