BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Monday, June 14, 2010

BYB Express

It's Monday again and its the perfect time to start your week with the BYB Express. Don't think of it as getting less blog. Just think of it as a sample of what's to come.

F My Life Moment of the Day
Today, it was a long queue at the store, and behind me were two senior citizens. I wanted to do a good deed, and said: "Cut before me in line, I have all the time in the world." My reward? The old man scolded me because I supposedly insinuated that they were old, and only had a short time left to live. FML

Wal Mart Person of the Day


NBA FINALS- Goin' Back to Cali Edition
Well the NBA Finals is headed back to L.A. with Boston holding a 3-2 game lead. If you would have told me after Game 2 that L.A. would take a game in Boston and get to come back home to win two I would have been satisfied but after winning Game 3, I saw the possibility for a better result. But there's no sense crying over spilled milk. Artest is just going to have to step up his defense, Ray Allen will have to miss some shots and the Black Mamba will have to klose! Lakers can still take it in 7.


Texts From Last Nite Moment of the Day!

(260): I just found ouut you can get a DUI in a kayak. Fuck.

TRUE BLOOD STEPHEN MOYER: "WHAT THE F**K ARE WE DOING?!"
National Enquirer

If you think you're confused what the Bon Temps residents are in for on TV hit True Blood - so is resident star vampire STEPHEN MOYER.

Promo-ing he new season which premed its first ep last night, Moyer who is engaged in real-life to self-confessed bisexual ANNA PAQUIN, Moyer, who's really a Brit, divulged secrets new and old.

Recalling the senses shattering Season 2 finale with a Dionysius worshiping demi-god, Moyer confessed,
"There was a moment of 'what the f*** are we doing?" But it worked."

Despite the show being a big hit, 5 million viewers per show during the final eps last year, Moyer doesn't necessarily think that success spells Emmy nods for the Fang Bang gang.

"Typically, The Emmys don't seem to go for genre shows, so honestly, I'm not sure that any of us expect anything this year. Don't get me wrong, it would be lovely if it happened, but I don't think any of us are expecting anything."

But viewers can expect new and sexier weirdness to infest Bon Temps this season as werewolves and assorted other things that bump, crawl and shape-shift in the night rear their ugly and often naked heads from the blood drenched bayous of Louisiana.

I've got to agree with Bill that the stuff with Maryanne last season was a bit bizarre. I much preferred the Dallas storyline with Jason and the religious zealots. As for last night's premiere, I was pretty impressed with the introduction of the werewolves. I honestly thought they would drag about the mystery of Bill's captors a bit longer but it played well. I was left a bit curious after Sookie only found one body in the crashed car. So, are werewolves quick healers like vampires? Or maybe the dead dude was a human who sympathized with werewolves. Either way, I pretty sure this season will dispell the myth that all werewolves are great basketball players. Plus it was nice to see classic dumb Jason trying to get some ass. But he may need some V to get his johnson working again.

On this day in…
1775 – American Revolutionary War: the Continental Army is established by the Continental Congress, marking the birth of the United States Army.
1777 – The Stars and Stripes is adopted by Congress as the Flag of the United States.
1789 – Whiskey distilled from maize is first produced by American clergyman the Rev Elijah Craig. It is named Bourbon because Rev Craig lived in Bourbon County, Kentucky.
1900 – Hawaii becomes a United States territory.
1938 – Action Comics issue one is released, introducing Superman.
1940 – A group of 728 Polish political prisoners from Tarnów become the first residents of the Auschwitz concentration camp.
1954 – U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs a bill into law that places the words "under God" into the U.S. Pledge of Allegiance.

Plus, 80's singer Boy George was born in 1961, tennis star Steffi Graf was born in 1969, former NBA star Bruce Bowen was born in 1971 and screenwriter Diablo Cody was born in 1978. But in the highlight role American businessman Donald Trump was born in 1946. Here's Trump shaving off Vince McMahon's hair at Wrestlemania.



Man wants to hire student to drive his Lamborghini
By QMI Agency

It would be a dream summer job for some students.

A man in New Zealand posted an ad at Student Job Search in Auckland saying he was looking for a tidy and positive student to drive him to business appointments during the summer months. The best part: They'd have to drive his Hummer and Lamborghini.

The TV station 3 News in New Zealand reported the student job centre received a lot of interest for the job and three students were referred to Gary Richards, the man who posted the ad.

Richards needs a driver because he has been charged with impaired driving.

He is set to appear in court later this month.

The ad said the driver would be needed during business hours Monday to Friday, but they'd be permitted to study while the employer was in meetings.

"It sounds like a pretty sweet job," job centre spokesman Marek Koliandr told the broadcaster.

Why am I never around when jobs like this are getting handed out. This is a pretty sweet gig. Of course if I could hang out with a multi millionaire I'd probably want to get boozed with him instead of driving. And I like where his head is at getting a DD. If I had that much money I'd hire a Mormon kid to drive me around. Then that way he wouldn't be tempted to drink or steal my women. It's foolproof.

No comments:

Post a Comment