BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Friday, June 18, 2010

BYB Express

It's Friday again but I like to refer to it as Good Friday because I'm celebrating the Lakers' 16th title. But today you get the BYB Express. Don't think of it as getting less blog. Just think of it getting more time to proclaim Kobe the greatest Laker ever.

F My Life Moment of the Day
Today, after weeks of looking forward to my birthday trip to the beach, I've come down with a serious case of the flu. My family is still going without me, but at least now they don't have to pay someone to watch the dog. Happy birthday to me. FML

Wal Mart Person of the Day

WWHD? What Would Hippies Do?

The Final Countdown

Well it's over and it pretty much went as I called it. I don't want to sound cocky because my balls were pretty much in my throat from Halftime until the final buzzer but without K-Perk the Laker commanded the boards, Artest did a great job on Pierce and Ray Allen didn't catch fire. A sure recipe for a Laker win.

Sure, what if Perkins would have played? But what if Bynum wre 100%? What if Kobe wasn't playing with a broken finger? What if I had a 12 inch penis? It didn't happen. The truth was the Lakers shot like shit and still won. They deserved it.

And props to Artest. A great defensive effort and 20 points? If the NBA Finals Game 7 was a one game situation like the Super Bowl then Artest would have definitely been the MVP. And it only makes it more awesome that he thanks all the peeps in his hood and his shrink. he's certifiably crazy and we love it. And no, we don't want Ariza back.

So here's to the champions! Let's Go Lakers!




Texts From Last Nite Moment of the Day!

(904): I woke up naked this morning there was a baseball bat on the floor the bathroom door knob was removed and the floor was wet. This is why i don't do Tequila shots.

God Is Ron and Ron Is God!

I thought that statement would be reserved for only Ron Jeremy for the rest of my life but tonight Ron Artest has come to the rescue. And I feel personally vindicated. I defended Ron during his Pacer suspension (he should have been suspended but not for the year. Latrell Sprewell choked his coach and got half that) and I defend him when he plays crazy. Ron may throw up a crazy three-pointer once in a while but sometimes they go in and a couple of those did last night. Had he not taken those shots all season then he wouldn;t have had the confidence to do so tonight and the Lakers wouldn't have had enough points to win. So congrats Ron. And just know there are some Laker fans (and many more now) that are happy to have you and know that swapping you with Ariza was the right choice.



On this day in…
1812 – War of 1812: The U.S. Congress declares war on the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
1873 – Susan B. Anthony is fined $100 for attempting to vote in the 1872 presidential election.
1928 – Aviator Amelia Earhart becomes the first woman to fly in an aircraft across the Atlantic Ocean.
1981 – The AIDS epidemic is formally recognized by medical professionals in San Francisco, California.
1996 – Ted Kaczynski, suspected of being the Unabomber, is indicted on ten criminal counts.

Plus, film reviewer Roger Ebert was born in 1942, Bills legend Bruce Smith was born in 1963 and tight end Antonio Gates was born in 1980. But most importantly former Beatle Paul McCartney was born in 1942. I could play my favorite Beatles song but it's more of a Lennon track so I decided to go with "Band on the Run" by Wings.



The song "Band On the Run" was also prominently featured on one of my favorite movies 'Outside Providence.' Instead of a weird news story I'm going to give you the best scene from that movie. If you haven't seen it then watch it. And if you don't then we're not friends anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment