BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Get a six pack while drinking a six pack?


Spanx for dudes? T-shirt promises instant six-pack
By Jim Ray/MSNBC.com

What it is: RipTFusion, $58.00

What it claims to do: A T-shirt on steroids, RipTFusion claims to be a “body-sculpting undershirt designed to support your core, shave inches off your belly and enhance your posture.”

Our experience: I’ll admit that I’m not necessarily the person that RipTFusion had in mind when they designed the “have your six-pack and drink it, too” undergarment. I’ve always been fairly slim, I exercise (though inconsistently) and try to watch my diet. I do love to cook and eat, however, and regularly partake in the rich microbrews that the Pacific Northwest is known for — you could say these forces are constantly at odds. Just as, if not more, importantly, I’m vain enough to honestly consider buying a $60 T-shirt, on the off chance that it would give my average physique a leg up. That last quality is probably what lands me square in the RipTFusion demographic.

Bottom line: If you’re the kind of guy who’s willing to drop $60 on a T-shirt designed by one of P. Diddy’s previous stylists, then you’ve probably wasted plenty more money in the pursuit of self-admiration. It won’t transform you, Bruce Banner-style, into something you’re not, but it might prompt you sit up straight a little more often. No word on whether the next version will also remind you to call your mother.

So what are spanx? Is that like a girdle or something? I swear there is so much about women that I don't know. I don't understand anything but at least I know a little. But spanx slipped past me.

As for RipFusion I guess its good for the dude that works out constantly and can't get that extra little bit. You know, the guy that obsesses that his calves are too small. Guys like Mac who only work out their glamous muscles. I stay in the cardio section with the middle aged women.

No comments:

Post a Comment