BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Distinguished Alumni


So I braved the slightly chilly weather Saturday nite and ventured out to Ratliff Stadium for the game of the ages or the game of the aged, whichever way you look at it. The Bronchos dominated on the field 20-0 while drunkeness dominated in the stands with flasks of whiskey and vodka that kept myself and the rest of the gang satisfied before and after the halftime beer bash in the parking lot.

Aside from the obvious jokes I scored one of the better lines of the nite when I said "this is just like high school. I'm drunk and I'm still not getting laid after the game." Zeke also did well with his insistence that the program should have listed each player's height and weight and his height and weight from high school.

The oldest player at the game was a guy who graduated in '79 and traveled from los Angeles to play in the game. I don't blame my friends for wanting to get one last game in. They only practiced once a week so it wasn't like it was an inconvenience bt traveling a thousand miles at age 50 to play overweight 20 and 30 somethings isn't my idea of a dream vacation.

I also feel a bit sorry for the Permian players. This was the first time that many of them have lost to OHS. Why sully a 100% track record by playing in a meaningless game? They were part of a hammer and nails rivalry in high school. MOJO was the hammer and OHS the nails. Last nite they just got hammered (in the game and probably after too).

I wanted to post some photos from the game but the damn Odessa American blocks its photos from being used. Bastards. So here are some photos from the parking lot party. Sorry about the quality. Why don't iPhones have flashes?




No comments:

Post a Comment