BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Working Girl


Serena Williams' Shocking New Career: Nail Tech
radaronline.com

Serena Williams has always given one hundred percent to her endeavors and her upcoming nail collection is not an exception.

The tennis champ has recently enrolled in a 240-hour program to be certified as a nail tech in Florida.

“No one likes getting their nails done more than I do. As a matter of fact I go every four days to get a manicure and every seven days for a pedicure. So, I had a brilliant idea to get certified to be a nail tech,” she wrote on her Global Grind blog.

"Besides the fact that I am coming out with a nail collection from a company called HairTech, I thought 'Serena, this is a no-brainer'.”

Shortly after returning home from the Australian Open, Williams began researching schools that would let her finish the course at her own pace. As always, the athlete made sure she was prepared to face the challenges ahead.

"The night before my class I made sure I had all my tools, books and gear organised. I went to the Hello Kitty store and bought plenty of containers as well as a backpack to keep my belongings. If I'm not the best, I sure do want to look like it."

I'm not quite sure if I buy Serena's logic about this one. I really like wearing t-shirts but I'm not going to start spinning cotton and designing shirts. I'll just let someone else worry about making them and I'll worry about wearing them. I also enjoy drinking beer but I don't think I need to start brewing it. I'll just keep drinking it. Why do something when you can pay someone to do it for you? Serena needs to focus on the thing that actually makes her money - tennis.

No comments:

Post a Comment