BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Monday, August 9, 2010

If I'm Lying, I'm Dying (In Jail)


Fake Jew to appeal rape case
By QMI Agency

The Palestinian man who was convicted of rape because he had lied and said he was Jewish and single will appeal his 18-month sentence, and legal experts say he has a fighting chance.

Saber Kashour, 30, a married Arab man, was recently convicted in Israeli court after he had consensual sex with a Jewish woman to whom he'd lied about his religion and marital status.

He was sentenced to 18 months in jail, but his lawyer, Adnan Aladdin, said that's too much.

"According to the bargain, he should be punished, but we expect him to receive community service on appeal in about 30 days' time," Aladdin said.

Legal experts in Israel told CNN the 'rape by deception' law isn't meant to be used like this.

“Criminal law rarely applies to minor lies, like dyed hair or a changed name... But it would apply to the more meaningful lies,” said Dana Pugach of the Noga Legal Center for Victims of Crime.

"For example, where a doctor persuades a woman to have sex claiming it would be a part of the medical treatment.”

Kashour said he feels bad about what he did, but is reeling from what he considers the unfairness of the punishment.

"If I told the woman I was a pilot and later she finds out that I was not a pilot, then she goes and says that 'He raped me'? If I told her that I was a millionaire and it turns out that I am a poor man, then she goes and says that 'He raped me'?"

Wow! Israeli law sure does suck if you can't lie to women in order to get sex. I bet its almost impossible to get laid over there. Its probably easier to score Streisand tickets. I'm not sure I've ever been completely honest with anyone I've ever had sex with.

No comments:

Post a Comment