BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

After School By the Oak Tree


Remark about Lakers may have sparked parents' brawl
Victorville Daily Press

VICTORVILLE • A disparaging remark on Facebook about the Los Angeles Lakers sparked Wednesday’s brawl involving some 20 adults at a local kindergarten graduation, according to one participant.

“This all started because of a Facebook comment between this other woman and my grandmother about the Lakers,” said Queiona Burt, 31, one of the women arrested following a brawl that broke out at a recent Puesta del Sol Elementary School kindergarten graduation. “But I want to apologize to the school and the community and say this is not what I’m about. I was trying to defend myself.”

Burt and Marina Vargas, 29, of Hesperia, were both arrested for being a disruptive presence at a school, but Burt alleges she was attacked by Vargas and several other people. San Bernardino County Sheriff ’s Victorville station officials couldn’t confirm Burt’s story.

According to Burt, she, her 3-year-old son and a friend were outside the cafeteria where the ceremony was being held when she was approached by Vargas.

Well I'm not surprised that a few negative Laker comments may have sparked a brawl. Lord knows I've gotten into a couple fist fights/near scrapes because of harsh words about Kobe Bryant. Of course I never fought in front of kindegarteners but never say never. If anybody has something negative to say about my Lakers and wants to meet me in the playground at Pease then I'm game.

No comments:

Post a Comment