BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Monday, April 27, 2009

I've met my match

High school senior gets perfect ACT, SAT scores
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

CANTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Willa Chen has a knack for tough tests.

The Detroit News reported Saturday that the 17-year-old senior at southeast Michigan's Canton High School wrote ACT, SAT and PSAT examinations and got perfect scores on all three.

In an obvious understatement, ACT Inc. spokeswoman Mary Owens calls it "quite an accomplishment."

The College Board, made up of 5,000 schools, administers the SAT and PSAT but says it doesn't track statistics on whether anyone has ever scored perfectly on both of its tests.

Chen, who plans to attend Princeton University, says she doesn't think she studied a lot but that she tries to keep learning all the time.

She participates in the Math Olympiad and also finds time to enjoy jazz, tap and ballet dancing.

As we all know I consider myself a man of superior intellect. That's why I got my masters in right at 9 years. But I think I've met my match in Ms. Willa Chen. I only cranked out an 1150 on my SAT but in my defense I was hung over and I refused to retest. I've got better things to do than improve my status in life by taking a short test.

No comments:

Post a Comment