BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Friday, April 24, 2009

It's almost draft time kids!



Ryan Leaf sure looks ready, doesn't he? I honestly wonder if he hates Draft Day because it began the downfall of his football career or if he loves it because he can watch so many other talented college football players begin their demise. Who knows?

As I told some youngsters at Zucchi's last night I love the Draft for one simple reason. Let's say College Football is the hottest girl in the world, a knockout girl next door type, and the NFL is the 2nd hottest girl, a big city temptress who lives in the Playboy mansion. Now imagine one day a year you get to watch a 5-hour lesbian scene between them. That my friends is what we call the NFL Draft.

I leave you with a classic draft moment when the Eagles booed Donovan McNabb because they wanted Ricky Williams. Good call on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment