BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Trust me, I've been there


Man allegedly stabs brother over pork and beans
AP

GILLIAM, La. -A sheriff's deputy said a 54-year-old man stabbed his 63-year-old brother during an argument in their kitchen over a can of pork and beans. Sheriff's spokeswoman Cindy Chadwick said the suspect was booked Tuesday on one count of aggravated battery.

Chadwick said the brother was treated at a medical center for stab wounds in his left arm and shoulder blade.

Chadwick quoted Deputy Jairo Rivera as saying the two brothers had been drinking. Rivera said the suspect picked up a kitchen knife after his brother threw a punch at him but missed.

At first blush you're all going to say how could you stab your brother over a can of pork and beans, but trust me I could. All these little things add up until you think you're going to pop and then you're standing there drunk with a knife in your hand and it all comes together. Maybe if he would have asked to borrow my shoes, I mean pork and beans. And just think I've only been dealing with it for 26 years. If I'm still in the back yard at 54 my brother is as good as stabbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment