BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Crazy like a FOX!

Rick Fox is a "Mexican Surfer"
Arash Markazi/ The Hot Read



Rick Fox occasionally appears on Fox Sports West's Lakers Live pre-game and post-game shows and he had a couple of YouTube worthy moments on Monday night. During the pre-game show, Fox, wearing a hoodie and jeans, unzipped his hoodie to reveal his bare chest and screamed, "Wolverine!" after saying their should be an "iso cam" on him during the game.

That was tame in comparison to what Fox did after the Lakers beat the Jazz, 107-96. As host Bill MacDonald tried to set up the show, Fox, wearing a purple and gold sombrero was chanting and whistling and screamed, "Orale, orale!" He then got up out of his seat and asked, "Have you ever seen a Mexican surf?" as he pretended to surf with his sombrero on while humming "Wipe Out." Norm Nixon then said, "We're live," as MacDonald asked for "a little decorum."

The best part of the whole episode, however, might have been how Fox responded to the situation the next day on his Twitter page, which he was updating during the show.

"I find it funny how many people think I'm on the sauce during my pre and post game shows lol I don't drink I'm all organic."

"Apparently I went over board on the air last night I think it may be time for me to hang up the broadcasting shoes... It was fun while [it lasted.]"

"Broadcasting is suppose to be stiff....if they want to broadcast from my bedroom I'll do stiff all night."

I love this man! He pretty much sums up being a Laker just by his actions. Get drunk, party and get beautiful women and if someone doesn't like they have the problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment