BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Monday, March 16, 2009

If you enjoyed Pro Day please come back for Mac Davis Day

NFL scouts flock to Tech for Pro Day
Adam Coleman/Sports Editor/Daily Toreador



It seemed like Texas Tech's Pro Day on Thursday was the place to be if a scout was looking for another option for his team to consider on Draft Day.

So if former Tech players and NFL hopefuls believed they were not being exposed enough to scouts, they had their chance in front of representatives from 22 NFL teams.

Marcus Bunton, Stephen Hamby, Anthony Hines, Eric Morris, L.A. Reed, Rylan Reed, Louis Vasquez, Brandon Williams, Jake Ratliff, Graham Harrell, Shannon Woods and Darcel McBath showed their faces at Pro Day for a chance to workout for scouts. Most of the drills took place in the Athletic Training Center because of weather conditions.

Harrell, McBath, Vasquez and Williams were four of the five Red Raiders previously invited to the NFL Combine, which was Feb. 18-24.

So for those four, Pro Day was a chance to improve what they did at the Combine or make up a drill they put off.

"Everybody came out here, we competed," McBath said. "I think everybody brought their 'A' game today. I was proud of the guys and think I did pretty well myself."

I can just imagine the conversation between the scouts.
Scout A - "So Crabtree can't do anything today right?"
Scout B - "I don't think so."
Scout A - "And that Brandon Williams kid went first. Sow what are we supposed to do now?"
Scout B - "Hell if I know. I'm only staying for the extra per diem. Do you even have your stop watch turned on?"
Scout A - "No I'm just holding it to make it look like I'm working. Let's get out of here and go scout a bar. What's the closest bar? Bash Riprock's eh? That sounds lovely."

No comments:

Post a Comment