BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

He did the same thing at Taco Bell


Bank robber works from comfort of car
Associated Press

PHARR — A bank robber in South Texas held up the place from the comfort of his car.

Police in Pharr say a man used the drive-thru lane Monday morning to rob Lone Star National Bank.

Police say the driver slipped a note to a female teller, who provided an undetermined amount of cash, then he drove away.

Lt. Guadalupe Salinas says the man was alone in the car and did not appear to display a weapon. Salinas told the Associated Press there's no indication that the robbery was an inside job.

Law officers declined to release the contents of the note. Police are reviewing bank surveillance video.

The FBI declined comment.

Is it just me or doesn't it seem worth it to call the guy's bluff? I mean by the time he pulls a gun you could let everyone in the teller wing know about the note and have them hit the floor. I honestly think I would have wrote a note that said "No You Moron" and sent it back through the tube to him.

2 comments:

  1. Why is it that people at the bank are only cooperative when your holding a gun, or probably not in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should probably start taking in a water pistol to do my normal transactions. Then maybe I would get better results.

    ReplyDelete