BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Help! Need cash for one-way ticket to Japan


Japan Unveils Lifelike Female Robot
By YURI KAGEYAMA, AP

TSUKUBA, Japan (March 16) -- A new walking, talking robot from Japan has a female face that can smile and has trimmed down to 95 pounds to make a debut at a fashion show. But it still hasn't cleared safety standards required to share the catwalk with human models.

Developers at the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, a government-backed organization, said their "cybernetic human," shown Monday, wasn't ready to help with daily chores or work side by side with people — as many hope robots will be able to do in the future.

"Technologically, it hasn't reached that level," said Hirohisa Hirukawa, one of the robot's developers. "Even as a fashion model, people in the industry told us she was short and had a rather ordinary figure."

Screw the magician pick-up line tape, I can just get me one of these handy Japanese female robots. And I don't care if it hasn't passed safety standards. I live my life on the edge and I don't need experts trying to make my decisions. I will be setting up a charity fund to get me to Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment