BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

College Football Picks



No time for chit chat. It's rivalry week. Let's get to some picks. Winners are bolded.

Thursday
Texas -21 at Texas A&M
I've got a feeling the Aggies have the horses to keep this thing close. A&M has been bad for a few years and must be itching to make this thing interesting in College Station. Cyrus Gray and the Aggie offense will generate enough points to cover.

Friday
Pitt at West Virginia - Pick Em
If this thing is a pick em you've got to take Pitt. I know Pitt knocked off West Virginia during its national title run a few years back and the Mountaineers will be looking do the same. But I still like Pitt to win.

Nebraska -10 at Colorado
I know the Buffs will be playing in support of Coach Dan Hawkins who will almost assuredly be in the unemployment line next week. But Nebraska can see the finish line and I think will generate just enough offense. I like the Huskers by two scores.

Saturday
Syracuse at UCONN -14
UCONN got its emotional win last week in South Bend so I expect a slight letdown this week. Pair that with the smack Syracuse layed down on Rutgers last week and I will take Orange and the points.

Missouri -3 at Kansas
Unlike Colorado which will be rallying around its embattled coach, Kansas has all but given up on Magino. I get the feeling that since he and Reesing's relationship fell apart he's likely been preaching to a congregation who doesn't give a shit. I like the Tigers by at least a touchdown.

Arizona -3 at Arizona State
Every game I have seen from the Sun Devils this season has been a humiliating loss. I can't see that ending for a team going up against a good Zona squad that gave up a double overtime loss that could have meant the Pac 10 title. I like the Cats in this one by a good sum.

Notre Dame at Stanford - 10/OVER - 64.5
This one has all the makings of a shootout. An embattled offensive coach, a bruised an insulted QB and two dangerous receivers on one side and a uber talented passer and a Heisman candidate runner on the other. Not sure I would bet the spread but the 64.5 is more than likely in jeopardy.

No comments:

Post a Comment