BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Friday, November 20, 2009

College Football Picks


I think I did a bit better last week after my 1-6 failure of massive proportions two weeks ago. I know for sure that I got the Nebraska game right. This week there's a couple games I feel good about. Let's get to em. Winners are bolded.

Ohio State -12.5 at Michigan
James Carville says always take the home dog. I don't always play by the rules but with Michigan's backs against the wall and Ohio State already crowned Big Ten champs, I like the Wolverines to keep this one close.

Arizona State at UCLA -5
What little I have seen of Arizona State this season has led me to believe they are one of the worst teams in the Pac 10 and that Dennis Erickson is probably going to be making a move back to Idaho again soon. I'll take UCLA and give the points here.

Oregon -6 at Arizona
I know this is a potential trap game but Oregon already fell in the trap against Stanford and should be focused enough to keep rolling and sew up the Pac 10. I like the Ducks big here.

Baylor at Texas A&M -7
I know A&M is fresh off an ass whipping at the hands of OU but the Aggies have rallied before after a big loss and I expect them to do the same in this one. Baylor has had some fun with A&M since the Ags fell apart under Franchione. I expect there to be a fair amount of revenge involved in this win.

Kansas State at Nebraska -16.5
How does Nebraska continue to get huge spreads when it continues to show its offensive futility. Just because Niles Paul and Roy Helu had decent games doesn't mean Nebraska is capable of scoring the amount of points necessary to win a game by 17. I like the Blackshirts to rebound and Nebraska to get the win but I doubt it will be by 17.

Oklahoma -6.5 at Texas Tech
The Raiders are my home dogs this week. I like Tech to get this win on the strength of an impressive pass rush that should keep Landry Jones flustered. Tech needs to shut down OU's RBs but that hasn't been a problem for many defenses. The Raiders will make OU one dimensional and get a close win, despite who plays at QB.

No comments:

Post a Comment