BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Friday, November 13, 2009

College Football Picks


Lucky for me I didn't bet any money on the games last week because I would have lost my ass. I went a wonderful 1-6, but since I was wrong about the Nebraska game, I'm not overly upset about my bad fortune in picks.

Maybe I can get things back together this week. Winners are bolded.

Northwestern at Illinois -4
I understand that Illinois is very hot right now. Ever since Juice Williams was benched at midseason the Illini have been playing much better. But Northwestern has played well all season, despite a 6-4 record. I like the defensive ability the Wildcats showed against Iowa last week and I think they can win by a touchdown in Champaign.

Iowa at Ohio State -16.5
As sure as I was that Iowa couldn't win a game by 17 last week, I'm almost sure Iowa won't lose a game by 17 this week. Ricky Stanzi is out injured, but the Hawkeyes got to 9-1 by more than just having a good QB. I think Iowa's defense will slow Terrelle Pryor down and the Buckeyes win by 7-10.

Tennessee at Mississippi -4.5
I know respective score theory doesn't ever work but I'm rolling with it this week. Tennessee slaughtered Memphis last week, while Ole Miss looked hapless against the Tigers earlier this season. The Volunteer defense will shut Ole Miss down and Lane Kiffin will get a big win for Rocky Top.

Mizzou at Kansas State Pick Em'
How does Missouri get smoked by Baylor and Kansas State win a intrastate battle with Kansas and this is still a pick em' in Manhattan? That has to be some sort of travesty. Maybe Vegas knows something I don't but I think I'll take the team that's playhing worth a damn right now.

Idaho at Boise State -31
Idaho is the best team Boise will play the rest of the season and after the way Boise has been playing recently I can't see this game being a run away. Boise may win by 2-3 touchdowns but the Broncs won't win by 31.

Nebraska -3.5 at Kansas
Maybe its fool's gold but playing Kansas at this point in the season has to seem like the best timing ever. The Kansas offense, which media predicted to be the best offense in Big 12 history (or at least it seemed like it at the time) has been abysmal as of late and the Blackshirts are back on top of the conference. Nebraska may only have to pop out 10-14 offensive points to win. Can they do it? Although it may be misplaced I have confidence that they can.

Tech at Oklahoma State -4
Despite not having Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State has looked pretty good this season. And while the Pokes' two losses this season have been at Boone Pickens Stadium I can't see OSU giving away a home game that could lock them up the #2 bowl spot in the Big 12. I'll take OSU by a TD.

No comments:

Post a Comment