BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

College Football Picks


Well it was another winning week for my predictions in the Back Yard Blog. Sure, I had a couple games pegged wrong (thank you Georgia and Georgia Tech) but in the long run things turned out pretty well. So here's hoping I stay on a roll. Daddy needs a new case of beer. And if I lead you astray and lose you some money, please don't do this to me.



Vanderbilt at Mississippi -11 1/2
I know Vandy is playing under an interim head coach and going on the road but I think 11 1/2 is way too much for an Ole Miss team that lost to Jacksonville State a couple weeks ago. I like the Commodores to keep this close.

Indiana -11 1/2 at Western Kentucky
Indiana may be the worst team in the Big Ten but Western Kentucky is the worst team in Division 1 college football (FBS or FCS). The Hilltoppers lost to Nebraska by 49 and to Kentucky by 33. I think Indiana can muster a 12-point win.

Iowa - 2 at Arizona
As I stated yesterday Nick Foles has Zona's offense playing to perfection but the Wildcats haven't faced a defense as good as Iowa's since the Holiday Bowl against Nebraska and in that game the Blackshirts held Foles to 33 yards. I like Iowa to win this thing by more than a field goal.

Notre Dame at Michigan State -3 1/2
I'm not trying to pile on against Notre Dame but I liked what I saw in Michigan State when they visited the Alamo Bowl last year and I liked what I've seen from them this year. I think Sparty can get this done by a touchdown at home

Clemson at Auburn - 6.5
Dabo Swinney may have Clemson in better shape than Tommy Tuberville did but Auburn has already proved themselves with a tough road win this season and QB Cam Newton is multi purpose threat. I like Auburn at home.

Maryland at West Virginia -11
It seems like the Ralph Friedgen era is grinding to a halt in College Park, while West Virginia continues to be a consistent threat for the Big East title. True, the Moutaineers struggled against Marshall last week but I like them to bounce back at home this week.

Northwestern -6 1/2 at Rice
Two smart schools get it on and Northwestern already has experience in that endevour this year with a Week 1 road win against Vandy. I'll take the Wildcats by 10 points on the road in this one.

Arizona State at Wisconsin - 14
Wisconsin hasn't exactly blown out their competition thus far this year but they have the talent to with tailback John Clay, WR Nick Toon and a decent defense. I like the Badgers to win big in this one.

Alabama - 23 1/2 at Duke
Bama gets Heisman winner Mark Ingram back this week (like they need him) and DE Michael Dareus. With tons of Bama fans buying the priced to go $200 Duke season tickets expect to see more Crimson Tide in the stands than blue. I'll take Bama by maybe 5 TDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment