BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

College Football Picks


I figured since we had a few games on tonite there was no reason why we couldn't do two days worth of picks so here's a Thursday nite edition of College Football Picks. I hope you like money because we're about to make some.

Southern Mississippi at South Carolina -14
After an offseason of bashing his starting quarterback and tooling with his offense it will be interesting to see how the fighting Spurrier's start off the year. A lot of people think this could be SC's season. I think they'll get it done comfortably in this one after a rocky start.

Marshall at Ohio State -28 1/2
28 points is a lot, especially for a QB that hasn't fully lived up to expectations and a running back corps that hasn't had a lot of success attacking the 100-yard mark. I'm not sure I like this game but if you held a gun to my head I think I'd have to take Marshall and the points.

Pittsburgh at Utah - 3
Utah is coming off a good season but this is also the year I think the Utes take a small step back. It doesn't help that they start with the Big East favorite. I've got to take Pitt's tough D and the running ability of Dion Lewis here, despite the venue.

USC -21 at Hawaii
Well after USC's tumultuous offseason at least they get an island vacation in Game 1. My boy Greg McMackin held things together fairly well in Hwaii last year (minus Clausen/Gay Gate) but I think he'll get the wrath of a USC team with something to prove in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment