BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

College Football Picks


We're a week into this college football season and I hope my opening week picks didn't land you too far in the poor house. I did quite well myself. So I'm rolling out some more picks this weekend. Here we go.

TONITE's GAME
Auburn -1 1/2 at Mississippi State
I love the Tigers in this one. Sure, its on the road but Cam Newton looks great running the War Eagle offense.

SATURDAY's GAMES
Georgia Tech - 14 at Kansas
I hate to dog my boy Turner Gill but losing to North Dakota State isn't the way to generate momentum so I think GT comes to town and runs all over the Jaywawks.

Georgia at South Carolina -3 1/2
The Gamecocks looked good against Southern Miss last week but lets not get carried away. It was just Southern Miss. Georgia is a team a lot of experts had picked to win the SEC East and they can win even without A.J. Green.

BYU at Air Force -1
I can't claim that I was giving BYU any love last week. I thought for sure Washington would beat them but I'm willing to show them some love now. A road game is always tough but BYU is a quality team.

LSU -9 1/2 at Vanderbilt
Maybe I'm punishing LSU a bit too much for almost choking the game to North Carolina. And Vanderbilt is playing with an interim coach but I still like the Commodores to give LSU their second near upset in two weeks.

Colorado at California -9
Colorado got their intrastate championship last week. Don't expect them to shine near as much in this Pac 10 preview of next season.

South Florida at Florida -15
I might be expecting a bit too much improvement from the Gators but I can't see them making the kind of careless mistakes (fumbles, bad snaps) against a quality opponent. I think the Gators get it back together against Skip Holtz's new squad.

Syracuse at Washington - 13 1/2
The Huskies burned me last week, losing to BYU. And its not the first time they've burned me. But I've got to take Washington because of the QB play and the fact that Syracuse has to traverse the entire country to get to the game. Syracuse is 1-12-1 in the past 50 years traveling West of Nebraska on the map.

Texas Tech -24 1/2 at New Mexico
Its a lot of points but its going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment