BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Who Are You People?

I was watching TV the other night when the new Subway commercial came on and I was puzzled by the sandwhich company's ad strategy. I consider myself a pretty pop culture saavy person as well as a sports nut. That said I found it pretty difficult to identify half the athletes in this Subway ad. I knew Michael Phelps, Jay Glazer, Michael Strahan, Blake Griffin and I think the race car driver is Carl Edwards. A for the women I had no idea.

I couldn't help but think that this ad must be lost of at least 80% of the population. If I showed this thing to my mom I'm pretty sure Phelps and Stahan are the only two she could identify (and that might be pushing it). Maybe Sunway should just save some endorsement money and get really ripped actors to do commercials. When Jared is the most recognizable person in the ad you've probably gone the wrong way.


No comments:

Post a Comment