BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Friday, April 30, 2010

BYB Express


I didn't really have the ammo for a full blog today so I thought I would reach into my bag of tricks and do a mini-blog. Just think of it as a Holiday Inn Express...without the funny commercials.

F My Life Moment of the Day
Today, when we told our three children about the divorce, my older son and his younger sister immediately stood up and screamed, "I call dad's!" FML

Wal Mart Person of the Day


A picture says a thousand words. Or maybe just one.

They're Playing Basketball
Or in the Mavericks' case, they aren't anymore. I certainly hate to see the Spurs doing well again. Especially with all my Mavs buddies frowning. But the Mavs need to keep their chins up. If not noone can see their Abe Lincoln throat tattoos.



Texts From Last Nite Moment of the Day
(254): Dude I think I vomited on the wireless internet box too...it isnt working.

Blowing the Whistle on Coach


Flag football photo catches Stranahan coach pulling foe's flag
by By Peter Holehan/Sun Sentinel

Referees caught Stranahan flag football coach Bennett Wyche on Tuesday pulling the flag of a Western High player headed for the end zone.

What Wyche didn't know was that a spectator's camera caught him in the act as well.

A photograph sent to the Sun Sentinel shows the coach grabbing the flag of Western safety Jessica Lucarelli as she speeds past him on an interception return.

"There was nobody between [Lucarelli] and the end zone," said Western coach James O'Brien. "I even heard the ref turn to the coach and say, ‘What are you doing?'"

What kind of school has girls flag football? Honestly, if I had that job I'd probably be doing anything I could to get fired, up to and including pulling opposing players' flags out.

On this day in…
1803 – Louisiana Purchase: The United States purchases the Louisiana Territory from France for $15 million, more than doubling the size of the young nation.
1945 – World War II: Fuehrerbunker: Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun commit suicide after being married for one day.

Plus Willie Nelson was born on this day in 1933 and Kirsten Dunst was born on April 30, 1982.

Guess He'll Be Taking the Cuss Bus For A While



Man backs car through parking tower wall
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

TULSA, Okla. (AP) — A 67-year-old Oklahoma man had quite a fright after backing his car at high speed through a seventh-floor exterior wall of a parking garage.

Ralph Hudson says his foot got stuck between his Mercedes’ brake and gas pedal as he was backing up in a towering parking garage in downtown Tulsa on Wednesday.

I'm not saying people in Oklahoma are stupid but c'mon. And don't try and tell me this guy was drunk. Nobody can get drunk on that 3.2 beer they've got up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment