BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

RIP Texas Stadium & Jerry Jones' Liver

Slurring Jerry Jones Bad-Mouths Bill Parcells, Tim Tebow
Deadspin.com

A source sends along this video of a seemingly inebriated Jerry Jones waxing off about Tim Tebow ("he'd never get on the field"), Bill Parcells ("not worth a shit"), and how he got his stadium. Read the rough transcript after the jump.



Jerry Jones: Romo was a miracle.

Other guy: It was a miracle, wasn't it?

JJ: He almost never got in, and he almost was gone. Tebow would never…

Different other guy: What if you were the Jaguars or — would you just, just draft him and sell fucking jerseys?

JJ: That's the only reason I brought in Bill Parcells.

[Laughter]

JJ: [Inaudible. Sounds a little like, "Sell mammoth fuckin' rake," whatever that means.]

JJ: Bill's not worth a shit. I love him.

Different other guy: I know you do.

JJ: Not worth a shit, but I wanted — they were on my ass so bad. J's gotta have a yes man. So to get this fuckin' stadium, I need to bring his ass in.

Different other guy: What, you, you wouldn't take Tebow in the third round?

JJ: Why? He'd never get on the field. I can't get him out there.

[Laughter]

JJ: I can't get him out there.

It's almost Draft time and it's nice to see Jerry is already in fine form to fu*k things up for the the Cowboys. Maybe he can trade out of the first two days completely like he did a few years ago. But I am glad to see Jerry isn't afraid to mix it up with the common folk in a bar. Of course he should probably keep the personnel information to himself. As for Tebow, I'm sure he's had enough people bad mouthing him lately (Todd McShay) that a slam from a drunken old owner who can't draft isn't much of a concern. And as for Parcells I think he can take solace that the only time the Cowboys have drafted decently since Jimmy Johnson was during the Parcells era (except for that Buckeye linebacker they took).

Maybe Jerry was just getting drunk to celebrate the death of his old stomping grounds - Texas Stadium.




I think this video brings out the man in me more than anything else ever could. First, it arrouses my love of historic football. Despite how you feel about the Cowboys (for me it used to be hate and now its mocking/apathy) Texas Stadium has been host to some truly significant moments in pro football history. Many of the greats have played on its turf. Secondly, this video is cool because a fucking stadium blows up. Although I'm not much into action movies an entire stadium blowing up is pretty damn awesome. So here's a toast to you Texas Stadium but I think Jerry beat me to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment